- A deposit equal to 50% of your stay is required to confirm a reservation, with the balance due upon arrival. For reservation of one night only, full payment in advance is required
- Guests are responsible for payment in full for all nights reserved, regardless of their actual arrival or departure.
- Your credit card will be charged upon arrival for the balance due for all room nights reserved regardless of actual arrival or departure.
We ask you to read our Inn’s cancellation policies carefully. When you make your reservation you are agreeing to them. Unlike a large hotel, B&Bs or small inn’s cannot easily absorb the cost of last minute cancellations or no shows. We may have turned down many reservation requests in order to ensure that a particular room is there for you. We can’t shuffle people from room to room as they show up, like a hotel where all the rooms are identical. We understand that plans change at the last minute. We hope you understand that, as a small B&B-Inn with limited availability, we must enforce our cancellation policies.
It is a 14 day cancellation policy. That means if you cancel with less than 14 days of your arrival, you will be responsible for the rooms unless we can re-book them. If we re-book your rooms we will refund your deposit less a $25.00 cancellation fee, if you cancel more than 14 days of your arrival, we will automatically refund your deposit less the $25.00 cancellation fee.
We would also like to remind our winter guest that this is snow country. The roads over the passes are kept open by the Colorado Highway Department. But on occasion some of the passes are closed while the snow is being cleared. If you are coming from the South and both Red Mountain and Lizard Head passes are closed by the Highway Dept, or you are coming from the East (Denver or Colorado Springs area) and both Vail and Monarch passes are closed by the Highway Deptartment on your travel day and you wish reschedule or receive a credit for a future visit, we will be happy to do so. No refunds will be made unless your rooms are rebooked. Otherwise, our cancellation policy applies for all other conditions.
We recommend purchasing travel insurance through your local travel agent, on the web (Travel Guard or any other http://www.travelguard.com/quickquote/ ), etc. to protect your vacation investment against unforeseen cancellation or changes due to a variety of maladies or emergencies, which might include illness, acts of god, etc.
Groups/ (Wedding) parties
Please contact us personally with your request for a group stay at the China Clipper Inn to see if we can accommodate your needs. We require 30 days notice for a booking of 5 or more rooms. A deposit of 50% is required at the time of booking and payment of the balance is required 30 days prior to arrival. It is a 30 day cancellation policy for 5 rooms or more. That means if you cancel with less than 30 days of your arrival, you will be responsible for the rooms unless we can re-book them. During our high season (and holidays etc) bookings for 5 rooms or more will have a 60 day cancellation policy and a full deposit is required at the time of booking.
- Check -in time is 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Early or late arrival by special arrangements, please)
- Check-out time is 10:30 a.m.
- We honor quiet hours from 10.30 PM until 6.30 AM.
- We do not allow children under 12 years old. (We make exceptions for our Golden West Suite and/ or in the off-season/ special circumstances - please contact us personally with your request.)
- Sorry, pets CANNOT be accommodated. (we follow ADA guidelines for service dogs)
- All rooms are equipped with air conditioning and hairdryers
- All guest rooms have a private bath and are furnished with robes for your comfort while you're our guest.
- For health and safety of our guests, the China Clipper is a non-smoking inn.
- Our winter guests need to remember that Ouray is in snow country and snowstorms may be expected at any time. Snow tires or chains may be required to travel the high country roads.
- The China Clipper Inn is privately owned and Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, and will not be responsible for accidents or injury to guests or loss of money, jewelry or valuables of any kind.